Thursday, May 7, 2009

Manly Clipboards


I do not know what is going on in my town, but it appears there has been a run on clipboards.

Mattie Cake asked me if I would make clipboards for her kids to put their chore charts on, and when I went to get clipboards at my local Wal Mart, they were clean out.

Can you believe that?

I've only made a couple dozen the past few weeks, so it can't just be me. Can it?

Well, luckily we have two Wal Marts and the other one had lots of clipboards.

Which reminds me, if you're looking for ideas for teacher gifts, these altered clipboards make great teacher gifts.

Anyway, Mattie Cake has two boys and two girls, so I knew the flowery girlie clipboards weren't going to fly for her boys. Which meant that, dang it, I had to go shopping for boy paper. Manly paper. You know how much I detest going to the craft store more than three times in one week. 

Right. I really like it. Unless it's for something boring like Modge Podge.

And look what I found on my hunting and foraging trip . . .



Camouflage ribbon! Isn't it nifty? It's my favorite ribbon right now.


Here are the girlie clipboards for Mattie Cake's girls.

And did you notice the names on this batch of clipboards?

I got a new little present this week from Peanut Head for Mother's Day. He let me have it early.


[SQUEAL, SCREECH, SQUAWK!]

Peanut Head got me a Cricut! I've been playing with it all day and I love it!

I was so happy with Peanut Head, that I hijacked his manly clipboard for a little reconditioning.



Hee hee. Now no one will ever try to steal it from him. Because I know all the men are going to want it now.


I even beribboned it for him. Do you think he'll like it?

For the altered clipboard tutorial, go here. Also, a couple people have asked me which Cricut cartridge I used for the clipboards. It's the Doodletype Font Cartridge, and I did the letters in Shadow mode.

16 comments:

  1. You got my attention....camo & outdoorsy clipboards! Great idea. My guys must have their own. Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE!! I want a Cricut! :) Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooohhhh, I'm so jealous!! Cricuts are cool. Enjoy it and have a happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Settle down, Jill. You're a little out of control...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is because of you cute post on how to make those clipboards all your readers are buying them up! I love the "manly" clipboards my boys would love them. A LOT jealous over your Mother's Day gift. Have fun with it. I SO want one of those.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so jealous of your Cricut...what an awesome hubby you have! Are you going to try doing any of the vinyl cutouts on it?? I would love to have one to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do tell me which cartridge you used for the letters for Peanut Head's name...I got a Cricut too about 3 weeks ago. I ordered some black vinyl to cut me up some letters and such! Order cartridges, etc from OhMyCrafts for really good prices and discounts. The cartridges are way overpriced in the stores. Love the clipboards! cute ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it! You had me laughing out loud with the camo ribbon. What a riot! There's an oxymoron for you. Maybe it's for girl soldiers to put in their hair. I love the Cricut. I have craft envy right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so envious! YOU GOT A CRICUT!
    I love to personalize stuff...and this would be perfect! And your clipboards are SO SO SO SO cute! I would even tote around the manly ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am going to Hell for coveting your Cricut. :-P

    I'm so excited for you!

    Alli

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so covet you and your new Cricut! That thing is so awesome. Wanna trade it for my (almost) newborn? :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhh & where's the original post where you blogged instructions on making the clipboards???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE those altered clipboards! I made one for my daughter, who is a nursing assistant! Now, she always knows where her clipboard is.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I made my first one today. It was ok... but how do you trim the edges? Do you cut your paper a little bit smaller than the clipboard? Is that the reason for the paint?

    Ha! That was a ton of questions.

    I posted mine, but I may take it down it's not the best!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay...where did you find the camo ribbon? Too cute and SOOOO many uses I could find!

    ReplyDelete